How to Make Sugar-Free Jello Jigglers
Jello Jigglers are a classic treat loved by both kids and adults. They are fun, wiggly, and bursting with fruity flavors. However, traditional Jello Jigglers are loaded with sugar, making them less suitable for those who are watching their sugar intake or following a sugar-free diet. But fear not, because we have the perfect recipe to make delicious sugar-free Jello Jigglers that everyone can enjoy guilt-free. In this article, we will guide you through the process of making these delightful treats step by step. So let’s dive in!
– 2 cups of sugar-free flavored gelatin powder (choose your favorite flavors)
– 2 ½ cups of boiling water
– Cooking spray
1. Start by greasing a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray. This will prevent the Jello Jigglers from sticking to the pan.
2. In a large bowl, pour the sugar-free flavored gelatin powder of your choice. You can mix and match different flavors to create a rainbow assortment of Jigglers.
3. Carefully add the boiling water to the gelatin powder, stirring continuously until the powder is completely dissolved. Make sure there are no lumps left.
4. Allow the mixture to cool for about 15-20 minutes. This step is crucial to prevent the gelatin from melting the molds.
5. Pour the cooled gelatin mixture into the greased baking dish. You can use a spatula or the back of a spoon to even out the surface.
6. Place the dish in the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 3 hours or until the Jello becomes firm and set.
7. Once the Jello is completely set, remove the dish from the refrigerator. To release the Jigglers easily, you can dip the bottom of the dish in warm water for a few seconds.
8. Using cookie cutters or a knife, cut the Jello into fun shapes like squares, circles, or any other desired shape. You can also use themed molds to make Jigglers for special occasions or parties.
9. Gently remove the Jigglers from the baking dish and arrange them on a serving plate. Your sugar-free Jello Jigglers are now ready to be enjoyed!
Q: Can I use regular gelatin instead of sugar-free gelatin?
A: Yes, you can use regular gelatin, but keep in mind that it will add sugar to the recipe. If you’re aiming for a sugar-free version, it’s best to use sugar-free gelatin.
Q: How do I ensure the Jigglers come out easily from the molds?
A: Greasing the baking dish with cooking spray is essential to prevent sticking. Additionally, dipping the bottom of the dish in warm water for a few seconds will help release the Jigglers easily.
Q: Can I use fresh fruits in the Jello Jigglers?
A: Yes, you can add small fresh fruit pieces to the Jello mixture before chilling it. However, keep in mind that the fruits may release water and affect the texture of the Jigglers.
Q: Can I use alternative sweeteners in this recipe?
A: Absolutely! If you prefer to use alternative sweeteners, make sure they are heat-stable and suitable for gelatin-based recipes. Follow the package instructions for substituting sugar with the alternative sweetener of your choice.
Q: How long can I store the sugar-free Jello Jigglers?
A: You can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. Just make sure they are not exposed to excessive moisture.
With this simple recipe, you can enjoy the wiggly goodness of Jello Jigglers without worrying about the sugar content. These sugar-free treats are perfect for those following a sugar-free diet or anyone looking for a healthier alternative. Get creative with different flavors, shapes, and molds, and impress your family and friends with these delightful and guilt-free Jello Jigglers.